Missouri Real Estate Licensing Requirements:
- 48-hour Pre-Exam and 24-hour Missouri Real Estate Practice Course –Success Learning Center Pre-Exam and Practice Course will address this requirement as your pre license school.
- Pass Exam – Call AMP for appointment: 1-800-345-6559 or schedule online at www.goAMP.com. You may take the exam before or after the practice course.
- Obtain Fingerprints with 3M/Cogent – Enroll at www.machs.mo.gov or by calling 1-877-862-2425. The fee is $43.05
- Apply for License – Before you apply for your license you must complete the classes, fingerprint requirement and pass your exam. You have six months to apply for your license after taking the pre-test 48-hour course.
- Every 2 years you must complete 12 Continuing Education hours prior to renewal –Your local board of REALTORS® or your brokerage may provide this. Agents renew September 30th of even-numbered years, Brokers renew June 30th of even-numbered years
What are the estimated costs associated with getting licensed?
Success Learning Center Pre-License Expenses: Missouri 48-hour Pre-Exam Course and 24-hour Missouri Real Estate Practice Course: $249
Examination Fee: $68
License Fee: $90
Fingerprint/Background Check: $43
How are the classes scheduled?
Classes typically begin the first Monday of each month and run Monday – Friday for two weeks.There are no classes on the weekends. You will have one day out of the classroom as a study day.
Classes run 8:00 – 5:00 with an hour break for lunch and short breaks throughout the day.
The Missouri Real Estate Commission requires that you be in the classroom for the entirety of the course. If you arrive late or are absent, you will not receive credit for that classroom time, which could result in this disqualification of your candidacy for licensure. 100% attendance is required to receive your “Certificate of Completion.” Missed classroom time may be made up at a later SLC session (space permitting) at no cost, or during the current session at a rate of $45.00 per hour and scheduled at the instructor’s convenience.
Will I need to pass a classroom test before I get my certificate to take the AMP test?
No. Unlike other real estate schools, Success Learning Center does not require a classroom test. If you attend 100% of your course, you will be issued your certificate of completion and authorized to take the MREC exam.
How long will it take to get my license?
Your course work will take two weeks in the classroom. Depending on the AMP schedule, you could take your exam as soon as one day after your coursework is complete.
After passing your test, you must select a brokerage to hold your license and sign your application which will be sent to the Missouri Real Estate Commission (MREC). There are several factors that will determine how long the MREC takes to process your application. The MREC will conduct a background check and the scope and content of this check can delay the process. There are also times of the year when the MREC sees more activity than usual, for example during license renewal period.
What is the difference between a real estate agent and a REALTOR®?
Not all agents are REALTORS®, and the difference is meaningful. As a prerequisite to selling real estate, a person must be licensed by the state in which they work, either as an agent/salesperson or as a broker. A REALTOR® is a real estate agent who is a member of the National Association of REALTORS®, which means that he or she must uphold the standards of the association and it’s code of ethics.
To begin the first of three steps towards becoming a licensed real estate agent or REALTOR® sign-up below.
First, Reserve your seat online from the Sign Up form below.
You have two options to pay: The Full Payment of $249.00 -OR- a $50 Deposit , then pay the remaining $199 anytime prior to commencement of the course.
- If Full Payment or Deposit isn’t made within 24 hours your seat will be made available again.
- The remaining $199 payment may be made upon arrival at the center just prior to commencing the first day of the course.
- Offline registration is available. Contact us @ 417-888-6616
- Course fees are non-refundable.
Click “Sign Up” to view the class schedule.